All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

justify my love: the garlic edition

over brunch this weekend, the food blog came up. here's how the food blog has changed my life: I have discovered that I have a serious garlic issue. I won't call it a problem, but let's just say that my instinct with garlic is to lean hard on the extreme; I always at the very least double the number of cloves required for a recipe and, when just free-wheelin' in the kitchen, tend to throw in a good half head or so for a simple stir fry. my hands tend to reek of garlic at all times, let alone the impression that my breath can leave.

thank goodness, then, that the NYTimes has my back: Unlocking the Benefits of Garlic. not only does this explain that garlic is good for you, but it emphasizes that a lot of garlic is good for you. y'all should be thanking me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sarah emily = !a vampire

i actually would love to be a vampire but unfortunately i simply loooove garlic. shucks. guess i will have to settle for joining the zombie horde.

Anonymous said...

ugh. i don't know how to use that symbol correctly