All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

garlic is my favorite time of year

two wonderful things have happened within the last 24 hours: our farmshare has begun again and the new york times has printed 6 recipes and an article on the glory of garlic. farmshare time is my favorite because food tastes so much better when it's fresh from that day. I had no idea carrots had such complex flavors until I had eaten them direct from the farm.

yesterday's pick up included garlic scapes - long, green loops of plant that are less sharp than garlic bulbs but still full of the garlic taste with which I'm obsessed. and today's times has a recipe for double garlic soup, which I will be making tonight as I finish painting my dining room chairs. because, yes - despite comments about elf parties and my mother's concerned email about how the color made her head hurt - I am painting the rest of the chairs green. it actually looks pretty good next to the white dining room table. but folks can sit on the floor while eating soup if they'd like.

recipe and pictures to come tomorrow.

No comments: