All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Saturday, June 21, 2008

late night hungry (peas, cheese, noodles)

I got home from Portland Pride tonight and was lazy for a good long time because I had eaten around 4:30. Eventually I decided to get off my ass and make something to eat. While I was in Portland I had purchased a half pound of Maine's award-winning cheese: City of Ships from Hahn's End. I wanted to eat a little of it.

I put some water on and cooked up half a box of elbows. I melted a third of a stick of butter on medium heat and then put in two handfuls of frozen peas. I stirred a bit until the peas seemed mostly unfrozen. Then I crumbled up just a little of the cheese (3 tablespoons?) and dropped it in with the peas and butter. I stirred constantly with a wooden spoon until the cheese melted. Finally I added about half the drained elbows into the saucepan with the peas etc, tossed, and added some salt and pepper.

mild, satisfying, yummy.



2 comments:

Sylvia said...

i'm sorry, i think you made a typo. you said you just wanted "a little" of this award-winning cheese -- surely you meant "a lot"?

sarah elisabeth said...

I wanted a lot - but I also knew it was too good to use in this dish. It should be eaten straight up - maybe with wine and crackers - so I saved some for that. But you're right I *wanted* a lot.