All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Friday, October 31, 2008

big piles of food

I'm in Brooklyn this week for work and last night I went out to dinner with some New York-dwelling friends. because we were in a hurry to catch Eric's show, Riz and Johann suggested a quick place near their apartment. it was definitely quick, but what perhaps would have been more informative was that Mama's Food Shop is a monster of food. Heather and I decided to split a plate of three sides. this is how much food we were served:



those are three sides, folks. not main dishes. sides. it was just a massive amount of food. that plate cost about $10, which was totally fine for two people and the fact that Heather and I needed Eric's help later on to finish it. the brussel sprouts were rad, the beets were tasty. it's not the most flavorful food in the world, but it was fast and enormous and pretty convenient. there are plenty of options for both veggies and meat eaters. I don't know if I would suggest this for a tourist, but this would be a rockin' place to have in your neighborhood.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

clearly you are just trying to make me jealous that i couldn't also be in new york with y'all. :(

Anonymous said...

i think i saw this place on teeeveeee while i was riding around in an nyc cab a few weeks ago. looked pretty tasty. i'm jealous.

- stephen