All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

corn and cucumber chilled soup

ah, the foolish. I count myself among their number. let me explain:

  • either with a hand mixer or blender, puree one can of corn with one cup vegetable stock
  • add cucumber, peeled and cut into inch-size pieces and puree
  • add 3 tablespoons of yogurt (soy or otherwise) and 3 tablespoons of parsley; puree
  • add 3 tablespoons of lime juice and puree
  • add salt and curry powder to taste
  • chill
  • serve
it's good. I promise. but then - oh! but then. do not go into a reverie about the weekend because a) it is Tuesday night and Saturday is so far off, but more importantly b) you just might dump all the remaining soup down the sink and have washed all the dishes before you think to yourself, "how should I store the leftovers?"

seriously. I have no recollection of dumping the rest of my perfectly good soup. all I remember is the fleeting thought that there seemed to be a lot parsley bits going down the drain. I drew the logical conclusion based on a lifetime's worth of idiocy.

1 comment:

gina marie said...

corn + a tasty use for the bounty of cucumbers in our house lately + chilled anything = the best idea ever. ooh i can't wait to try this!