All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

a call for polenta recipes

my friends, I have a dilemma. I love polenta. I love all kinds of polenta. this is not the dilemma. the dilemma is that all the recipes I have for polenta involve making the polenta, not what to do with the polenta once it has already entered into existence. sometimes I cut rounds of polenta and grill tofu and basil and tomato on top of it. sometimes I cut rounds of polenta and saute it with salt and pepper. but that is it. that's all I've got. and that is what we call a dilemma.


please send polenta recipes. or suggestions. or encouragement. I just need to re-jump my imagination. I need a slap on the back of the head from the polenta fairy.

2 comments:

eliz said...

look! my friends just posted about this today:
http://iheartkale.blogspot.com/2008/05/gorgonzola-and-black-bean-polenta_11.html
i have not tried it but my guess it is 50,000x better than the version from college.
also, brushing the top of the polenta with oil and broiling it, and serving it with some olive tapenade is pretty fucking great.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.