All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Squash soup and squash seeds. take two - with pictures.

So, I made squash soup and toasted seeds the other day and posted about them without taking pictures.

Today I gave it another try, but this time I took some pictures.

Changes: the squash soup this time was more of a root vegetable soup - in addition to a winter squash, a delicata, another little one, and a butternut squash, I also roasted 4 beets and a kohlrabi. I roasted the beets on top of the squashes because I was worried they were too small. That turned out not to be necessary.


In the actual making of the soup this time I just added one can of coconut milk and an equal amount of water and about 1.5 teaspoons of thai red curry - and then used the immersion blender. The color was way cool this time - I think because of the beets.


For the seeds - I did the same procedure as last time, except this time I went dessert themed, and I tossed them in t tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup with a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice.



they were *really* good.

3 comments:

[dave] said...

that looks yummy

Anonymous said...

these pictures are great. until the invention of the taste-o-net i guess they will have to suffice.

Chloe said...

Your seeds have been inspirational. I made some for myself last time you posted about seeds and now we are testing if there is some way to make them something people will buy at the cafe!