All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Friday, May 16, 2008

Gina Marie, take note

this morning, I decided to partake of someone's homemade chocolate chip cookies that they so generously brought into work to share with the office. I do not know who made these cookies. what I do know, though, is that they committed what I consider a major sin of chocolate chip cookie baking:

they used cinnamon. a lot of cinnamon.

this is far more common than it should be. it gives the cookies a strange aftertaste that always makes me think of chain supermarket bakery cookies - not really the effect most are shooting for with home baked goodies.

in other news, I highly recommend that everyone do a Google image search for the terms, "unhappy cookie." as you can see, the results are well worth your valuable procrastination time.

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

i strenuously disagree! cinnamon is so delicious in chocolate chip cookies!

Anonymous said...

as far as i know i have never experienced cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies. i feel like they are defined by buttery/sweetness undercut and balanced by bittery chocolate taste.

Anonymous said...

and i should stop commenting with my froggy blogger account here