All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

a great gift idea. plus asparagus!

I'm currently looking for a new roommate and this is causing me to meditate a lot on what makes a home. for me, one of the important things, is a place where I can cook delicious food for myself and for my friends - and a place where we can enjoy the meal together comfortably. this was reinforced the other night when I made a recipe from a cookbook that my old roommate gave me as an end-of-lease present. each time I cook from it and use its recipes to make people feel welcome in my current home, I think about how wonderful it was to come home to her and how lucky I am to have her as a friend.

I'll be posting a recipe for israeli couscous stew soon. it came from the wonderful book, Entertaining for a Veggie Planet, which came from my wonderful friend, Jamie. until then, check out this New York Times recipe for asparagus and oyster mushrooms. I can't wait to try it out.

...perhaps for a new roommate?

No comments: