All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Thursday, May 1, 2008

fisheaters

I have talked a lot about seafood with people recently. Mostly about who likes shellfish and fish and who's allergic to what and what that might mean. So I had it on the brain. Also, I miss Norway and fishing there.

As I was reading through one of our new blog links (see the lefthand panel here at leisurely breakfast for that) I noticed something interesting. The blog is Locavore Nation from the public radio show, The Splendid Table. A whole bunch of people in different places in the U.S. are blogging about their attempts to eat primarily locally. It's pretty good! How can you not love things from NPR/PRI/American Public Media?

As I was reading through the most recent posts, I noticed that two different bloggers referred to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program. It seems to be a way to pick what seafood you are going to eat based on its sustainability, toxicity, and locality. Seems neat to me. So if you eat seafood and live on the east coast, check it out! There are also options for people who live other places there... but why would you live anywhere but here? (just kidding!)

No comments: