All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. ~John Gunther

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yes and No

three foods that I will almost always say yes to, no matter what form they're in:
1) red cabbage
2) bok choy
3) kale

three foods that I will almost always say no to, no matter what form they're in:
1) maple syrup
2) honey
3) eggplant

I'm lactose intolerant and will drink a pint of milk sooner than I'll have anything that is remotely maple flavored. I would prefer to have crippling gas than even smell the stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday we're going to re-create a Perfect Strangers episode. You'll be Larry and I'll be Balki. And I'm gonna walk in and be like, "Hey Larry! Try my new dessert squares!" And you'll be like "Sure!" and then you try it and you're like "This is delicious! What's in it?"

and I'll be like: "minced eggplant sweetened with honey and vermont maple syrup... and filo."

and then you'll frown in disgust and be like "Balki! why didn't you tell me there was eggplant, honey, and maple syrup in here?"

and I'll be like "I dunno. Everyone in the home country loves this. It's a national dish."

sarah emily said...

I was laughing at this, but I was also gagging a little bit at the same time.

but let me issue a challenge: can you create a dish using eggplant, honey, and maple syrup that actually tastes good? if you can, I will totally award you a prize.